Warhawks drop to number 17 in NAIA Baseball Coaches' Poll | Schools
The Auburn University at Montgomery baseball team slipped on spot in the sixth NAIA Baseball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll and now sits at No. 17, the national office announced Wednesday.
The Warhawks (36-22) earned a total of 263 total points, a mark which trailed No. 16 Judson (Ill.) by just eight points.
LSU Shreveport maintained its hold on No. 1, earning 559 total points and 18-of-20 first-place votes. Oklahoma City held on to the second spot, followed by Faulkner at three, Azusa Pacific at four and Lee at No. 5.
The Warhawks were joined in the poll by three other SSAC teams. Along with AUM, Faulkner and Lee, Shorter also checked in at No. 20, while Southern Poly was among the others receiving votes.
AUM will now wait to see if it is selected for an at-large berth for the 56th Annual Baseball National Championship, which will begin on May 11, at campus sites. The NAIA will announce the field for the tournament on Sunday, May 6.
Source: AUM Sports Information Director
Top Opelika Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Residents react to shots fired following graduation ceremony
- Shots fired after Macon Co. school graduation; all classes canceled Thursday
- U.S. Sec. of Ag. speaks to Tuskegee U. grads, opens new building
- Macon County's unemployment rate for March
- Tuskegee City Council approves Public Works Employee pay raise