New I-85 interchange in Auburn now completed and open | News
ALDOT announced today that Auburn’s new I-85 interchange, Auburn Technology Parkway (Exit 50) is open to traffic. The new interchange will provide improved access for Auburn’s technology parks, and is expected to improve traffic flow in Auburn, especially on game day.
“I can’t overstate the importance of this new interchange to the City of Auburn,” said Auburn Mayor Bill Ham, Jr. “Auburn Technology Parkway is crucial to our technology parks, which invest in our community and provide local jobs, and will serve our residents and visitors well,” he added.
The $18.3 million interchange project included roadway improvements to realign Beehive Road as well as improving Cox Road to connect the interchange to South College Street.
“We’re thankful to John Cooper and DeJarvis Leonard at ALDOT for their partnership in improving our local infrastructure. Thanks also to the elected officials who supported this project, including Speaker Hubbard and former Governor Riley in Montgomery, and Representative Rogers, Senator Sessions and Senator Shelby in Washington. Special thanks are due to Representative Rogers and Senator Sessions, who secured the funding needed to make this project a reality.”
For more information, please visit www.dot.state.al.us.
Source: City of Auburn News
Top Opelika Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Undocumented immigrant kills girlfriend in Alex City murder-suicide
- 6/18/2013: Front Page: Police continue investigating shots fired into building on 280
- 6/18/2013: Front Page: Lake stakeholders oppose FERC’S refusal of proposal
- Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Department Blotter - 6/14 - 6/16
- Alex City authorities start death investigation after couple found dead inside home
- Auburn police plan 2 checkpoints on June 26
- Pair caught with stolen property, hit with theft and drug charges
- Briggs and Stratton to Sponsor Annual Fourth of July Celebration
- Auburn City Pools Offer Float-N-Movies and Friday Night Splash Events
- Lee County Association of REALTORS awards over $13,600 to two local charities
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox