Mando to expand, add jobs in Opelika | News
OPELIKA, AL (WSFA)- More good economic news is coming to the city of Opelika as the announcement is made that Mando America Corporation will expand.
Mando says it will expand and add an additional production line at its Northeast Opelika Industrial Park facility. Mando will invest $24.3 million in new equipment and building improvements and in addition to new equipment, the company says it will hire 30 more employees to support the expansion.
"We are extremely honored that Mando continues to invest in Opelika and grow their business here," Mayor Gary Fuller said. "Mando is one of Opelika's largest employers and a valued corporate citizen in our community and we appreciate our partnership with them."
Mando, a Korean-base company, calls Opelika home of its North American Headquarters. The Opelika operations produce brake corner modules, brake calipers, suspension modules and steering systems to support its customer base located throughout the U.S.
The expansion brings the company's total investment in Opelika to nearly $160 million and its employment level to over 600.
Mando operates 17 plants and 8 Research and Development centers around the world. It boasts total employment of more than 7,500 people.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top Opelika Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grants boost 'Click it or Ticket' enforcement over Memorial Day holida
- 1 Alex City police officer fired, second arrested but back on the job
- Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Department Blotter - 5/21
- Suspect identities released in connection with multi-county drug sting
- Seven arrested in multi-county narcotics sting
- Residents react to shots fired following graduation ceremony
- Shots fired after Macon Co. school graduation; all classes canceled Thursday
- U.S. Sec. of Ag. speaks to Tuskegee U. grads, opens new building
- Macon County's unemployment rate for March
- Tuskegee City Council approves Public Works Employee pay raise