Opelika schools to dismiss early Friday ahead of 6A championship game | Events
OPELIKA, AL (WSFA) - School leaders say they will dismiss classes early Friday ahead of the Opelika High School vs. Hoover High School battle for the AHSAA 6A state football championship game.
OHS and OMS car riders will be dismissed at 11:30am.
OHS bus riders will be dismissed at approximately 11:25am.
OMS and OLC bus riders will be dismissed at approximately 11:35am.
Primary and Intermediate School car riders will be dismissed at 12:30pm.
Primary bus riders will be dismissed at approximately 12:25pm.
Intermediate bus riders will be dismissed at approximately 12:35pm.
All schools will be closed once the students are dismissed.
The game will be played at Auburn University's Jordan Hare Stadium and starts at 7pm.
Fans are encouraged to wear red or their favorite Bulldog colors. The DawgWalk is set for 4:45pm between gates 8 and 10.
How do I get tickets?
The website to purchase tickets is www.super6al.com or you can purchase them at the gate on Friday. Tickets are $10 plus a processing fee online or $12 at the gate. All tickets are general admission.
What time does the ticket window open at the stadium?
The ticket window at Gate 3 will open at 8:30 a.m. on Friday for home spectators.
Will my ticket work for more than one game?
Your ticket is valid for admission to all of the games on Friday but you will not be allowed to re-enter the stadium without purchasing another ticket.
What gate do I enter?
Home spectators should enter through Gate 3 or 14.
Where is the best place to park?
Parking will be available at the Hayfield lots on South Donahue. There will be shuttle service to the stadium.
Where can I tailgate?
Tailgating is allowed in the Hayfield lots on South Donahue. Opelika fans are gathering for a community tailgate at the Hayfield lots before the game until 4:00 p.m. Look for the Opelika flags and tents. Food is provided if you prepay $5.00 per person by Wednesday. Send your money in an envelope marked "OHS Tailgate" with your name listed to the front office at OHS. Bring your own drinks and chairs. All Bulldog fans are welcome.
What time will the eagle fly?
The eagle will fly approximately 15 minutes before kickoff.
Will the game be broadcast?
The game will be broadcast on the radio locally on WKKR, 97.7 FM.
WSFA 12 News will also air the game on Bounce-TV, 12.2 in certain areas. CLICK HERE for details.
INFORMATION SOURCE: Opelika Schools <?xml:namespace prefix = o />
Top Opelika Stories
Upcoming Events near Opelika
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 6/18/2013: Front Page: Police continue investigating shots fired into building on 280
- 6/18/2013: Front Page: Lake stakeholders oppose FERC’S refusal of proposal
- Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Department Blotter - 6/14 - 6/16
- Alex City authorities start death investigation after couple found dead inside home
- Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Department Blotter - 6/10, 6/11
- Lee County Association of REALTORS awards over $13,600 to two local charities
- Auburn Police reminding citizens to lock their doors following recent thefts
- Auburn man arrested for allegedly stabbing man in the neck
- Portion of Moores Mill Road to Close to Local Traffic June 17
- Downtown Streets to Close for SummerNight on June 14
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox