AWF Outdoor Classroom EXPO & Workshop registration is now open | Environment
Alabama Wildlife Federation's Outdoor Classroom EXPO is set for October 11-12 at the AWF headquarters in Millbrook.
The AWF Outdoor Classroom Expo provides activity ideas, learning station project plans, and resources to help educators use and sustain Outdoor Classroom for hands-on, minds-on learning opportunities.
Expo Sessions will begin at 10 a.m. on Thursday and end at lunchtime on Friday with four concurrent sessions held throughout each day.
There will be more than 20 Different Sessions including:
- Bring Literature Alive in the Outdoors
- Turn Your Students into Nature Explorers
- Look for Critters on a Herp Habitat Walk
- Explore Bog Habitat Activities
- Build a Hands-Made Weather Station
- Create a Hypertufa Container
- and more
The Keynote speakers are Paulette Haywood Ogard & Sara Bright, authors of Butterflies of Alabama .
For registration information and details, click here.
Source: Alabama Wildlife Federation
Top Opelika Stories
Upcoming Events near Opelika
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 6/18/2013: Front Page: Police continue investigating shots fired into building on 280
- 6/18/2013: Front Page: Lake stakeholders oppose FERC’S refusal of proposal
- Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Department Blotter - 6/14 - 6/16
- Alex City authorities start death investigation after couple found dead inside home
- Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Department Blotter - 6/10, 6/11
- Lee County Association of REALTORS awards over $13,600 to two local charities
- Auburn Police reminding citizens to lock their doors following recent thefts
- Auburn man arrested for allegedly stabbing man in the neck
- Portion of Moores Mill Road to Close to Local Traffic June 17
- Downtown Streets to Close for SummerNight on June 14
- Tuskegee election lawsuit heads back to court
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox