Hare family buys AuburnArt company | Arts & Culture
AUBURN, AL (WSFA) - The leading source for Auburn memorabilia and artwork is about to be in the hands of new owners and the company says it's excited about having a prestigious family in the Auburn area as part of its thriving business. The Hare family is the new owner of AuburnArt in the War Eagle zone.
Auburn fans will best recognize the Hare's name when coupled with the Jordans. Both family names appear on Auburn University's Jordan-Hare football stadium.
Part of the stadium is named for Cliff L. Hare, a member of Auburn’s first football team in 1892.
The Hare tradition at Auburn streams down to Cliff L. Hare’s great-grandson, who is also named Cliff L. Hare. He graduated in 2002 from Auburn with a degree in industrial design.
“Just as my great-grandfather built a large legacy in Auburn, I too hope to build AuburnArt into a legacy that all Auburn fans can enjoy as part of their Auburn experience,” he explained. .
AuburnArt was founded in 2001 as an online company. It extended to a retail store in 2007.
The well- known store offers Auburn photography, paintings, jewelry, and pottery which can be purchased online or in the store.
Top Opelika Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grants boost 'Click it or Ticket' enforcement over Memorial Day holida
- 1 Alex City police officer fired, second arrested but back on the job
- Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Department Blotter - 5/21
- Suspect identities released in connection with multi-county drug sting
- Seven arrested in multi-county narcotics sting
- Residents react to shots fired following graduation ceremony
- Shots fired after Macon Co. school graduation; all classes canceled Thursday
- U.S. Sec. of Ag. speaks to Tuskegee U. grads, opens new building
- Macon County's unemployment rate for March
- Tuskegee City Council approves Public Works Employee pay raise